Becoming A Member
Joining the CWHWTC
The CWHWTC is happy to welcome new members. However, there is a process that must be undergone, and membership is not automatic.
ALL membership applications must be signed by a sponsor. A sponsor is one who is an Active member in good standing with the CWHWTC. Therefore, please read through the following carefully before downloading the application.
Types of Membership
There are 3 kinds of membership:
Active: A person who has been a member of the Club for at least a year.
Life: Members who are voted as such by the Club after certain conditions have been met.
Junior: Free for the first year with Sponsor
The First Step – Finding a Sponsor
As your application will require a Club member to sponsor you, the first step is to find an Active member in good standing with the CWHWTC who will sponsor you.
This can be accomplish in several ways:
- Talk to the breeder of your Westie, or if you don’t have a Westie yet, talk to the breeders whose waiting lists you are on. Get to know someone, or a group of people who are already members. This can usually be accomplished by attending dog shows. Hint: wait until the people grooming and showing their Westies are finished in the show ring before introducing yourself to them, as before the show, they are very busy concentrating on getting their Westies ready for the show ring.
- Email the Club Secretary at email@example.com. The secretary will help you to contact people in your area.
- Note: Sponsors must have been members of the Club for a full year before they may sponsor other members.
The Next Step
Once you have found someone who knows you well enough that they are willing to sponsor you, then is the time to get out the application form. Fill it out, sign one copy of the Code of Ethics, get your sponsor to fill out their part of it, and mail the form and the signed Code of Ethics with a cheque for your first year’s dues to the membership chair. (Name and address information are on the form).
Please, postdate your cheque for three months in the future, as it won’t be cashed until you actually become a member.
The Approval Process The approval process can take several weeks to complete.
- All applicant names are published in the Paw Prints, the Club’s quarterly newsletter. This allows any Club member in good standing to voice objection to applicant(s) membership. If any negative feedback or objections are received, the application will go before the Executive for consideration. When no Paw Prints is published, current members will be notified of the application via email.
- Approved memberships are recorded in the Club’s records on the date on which the application was originally received by the Membership Director.
- Approved memberships are published in the following Paw Prints. When no Paw Prints is published, the name of all newly approved members will be sent by email to the current membership and the new member will be added to our online membership list located in the Member’s Only portion of our web site.
- Persons joining between October 1st and December 31st in any given year will automatically have their membership carried over until December 31st of the following year.
Please mail the following to the Membership Director
- signed and dated application
- signed Code of Ethics
- signed Sponsor Letter of Recommendation
- cheque (unless you are a Jr. Member)
CWHWTC membership Director: Tara K. Pye 154 TCH St. Judes, NL A8A 3A1
For more information, Tara can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breeder MEMBER APPLICATION – Fillable
Pet /Jr. MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
Pet /Jr. MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION – Fillable
SPONSOR PORTION TO BE FORWARDED TO MEMBERSHIP DIRECTOR (or an email can be sent for this portion)